Frequently Asked Questions

faq.png

Q:  Why does my carbon monoxide detector go off when I turn on my fireplace?

A:  The logs are not in proper position.

A:  The unit is not properly vented.

A:  Burner, logs, firebox are due for a cleaning.

Q:  Why does my fireplace turn off and on periodically after I turn it on.

A:  There’s a short in the wiring.

A:  You have a thermostatic control unit.

A:  The thermopile is defective.

Q:  Why is the flame so low in my BBQ?

A:  There's not enough incoming gas pressure.

A:  The burner or tubing is clogged.

A:  The gas valve is defective.

Q:  After I light the pilot, why is it everything shuts down after I turn on the burner in my fireplace?

A:  The pilot is partially clogged.

A:  The unit is not properly vented.

A:  The valve is defective.

Q:  Why am I unable to light the pilot of my fireplace?

A:  The thermocouple needs replacing.

A:  The pilot is partially clogged.

A:  There’s a short in the wiring.

A:  The spark igniter is defective.

Q:  Why is my BBQ flame irregular?

A:  The burner is rotted out.

A:  The gas pressure is insufficient.

A:  The tubing is not in proper position.

Q:  After lighting the pilot, why am I unable to light the burner of my fireplace?

A:  Wires are improperly connected or stripped.

A:  The thermopile is defective.

A:  The switch is defective.

A:  The batteries need replacing.

Q:  Why is the face of my fireplace becoming discolored?

A:  The unit is not properly vented.

A:  The logs are not in proper position.

A:  The burner and logs need cleaning